Friday, February 27, 2015

Tony McCoy rates Jezki his best chance of a Cheltenham Festival winner

• Jockey believes mount can repeat Champion Hurdle success

• Rider hopes to break Triumph duck on fancied mount Hargam

Irishman will leave huge void in racing after 20 years at the top

As if there wasn’t enough pressure on Tony McCoy to succeed at his very last Cheltenham Festival the week after next, a well-attended press conference was held here on Friday so he could be questioned at length about his best chances of valedictory glory. It was the sort of thing, as he freely admitted, that the younger McCoy would have done almost anything to avoid.


“I was a little bit wrapped up in myself. It was all about riding horses and riding winners and what else went on in the world wasn’t important to me,” he said, recalling the single-minded approach that so stunned the sport as he established himself 20 years ago. “I know racing has been very good to me and if I can give a little bit back, then I should.”


Continue reading...

















source Sport | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1AAsC68

No comments:

Post a Comment